Where To Place Home Security Cameras In San Antonio?
Where are the best spots to place your home security cameras in San Antonio? As a general rule, you have three significant sectors of the home for camera installations: your front door, the exterior space around your home, and select interior spaces. Although your security installer will be able to advise where to start, consider the following best practices on where to place your home security cameras around your residence.
Don’t Forget To Protect Your Front Entryway
While you might find it unlikely that an intruder would attempt to simply stroll through primary entrance, 34% of invasions take place near this passageway. There are also package thieves among other threats to deal with. Doorbell surveillance is able to tackle these concerns with crystal clear high-def, wide-angle capabilities.
Video doorbells are even more beneficial as you are able to speak with people who come and press the button. By using your cell phone app, like ADT Control, you have the option to respond to every ring with two-way communications and live video and look like you’re home. When a visitor begins doing something questionable, you will have your video surveillance record a clip and send it to your mobile phone via a text notification.
Get the Most Coverage Possible With Your Outdoor Cameras
Determining where to place home security cameras on the exterior of your home can be a daunting undertaking. Thankfully, there are a handful of tips to help ensure you’re well protected.
- The corners of your San Antonio residence provide a large sightline, as you can see two sections of your exterior.
- Position underneath an overhang or directly into a bit of siding or exterior trim are excellent options for surveillance devices as they will be partially hidden by the edge of your house.
- Over your garage, as the garage door is a more likely access point for intruders than you’d think!
- Over a back porch or sliding door -- or any entryway not in clear view from the road.
To make sure these locations are successful, make sure you cut back any bushes or tree limbs that might obstruct your ability to see clearly.
Suggestions To Get The Highest Level of Performance From Your Indoor Surveillance
You have a wider range of choices on where to place home security cameras inside your home in San Antonio. That same versatility means you have other installation variables to contemplate:
- Sunshine through Your Windows: Although it’s wise to be certain your windows are down and latched, the sunshine through a window can create a glare and impact the clarity of your camera’s video feed. Aim the lens away from direct sunlight to avoid this.
- Take the High Road: Similar to a watchtower, a surveillance device positioned in a high place will provide a wider field of vision. You might situate your cameras on top of bookshelves or mounted on the ceiling.
- Choose Unreachable and Secure Locations: Your camera won’t be able to safeguard your home if it’s broken. Place your devices in locations where children or pets aren’t able to mess with them. Consider mounting or other ways to secure them to make sure they don’t fall if accidentally bumped.
- Houseplants and Decor: The best surveillance system won’t do much good if you’ve got a decorative item or plant in the way. On the other hand, potted plants and other decor items also have the ability to hide your recording devices. Just be careful they don’t keep the camera from doing its job!
Have Secure24 Alarm Systems Install And Place Your Home Security Cameras
To ensure the proper installation of your home security cameras and other security equipment, turn to the professionals at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Let us customize the perfect system for your complete residence -- defending every square foot. Just call (210) 794-6382 or fill out the form on this page to arrange a consultation.