Is It Better To Use Wireless Home Security Systems In San Antonio?
There was a time not long ago when wired components were your only solution when hooking up a home security system. Forget placing a security camera on a countertop or managing your implements with a smartphone. With that being said, home security is not like it used to be, due in large part to the emergence of wireless installations. You currently have a wealth of additional advantages at your disposal -- like system access from anywhere, components that connect and react to each other, and quicker system set ups. Wireless home security systems in San Antonio will safeguard your home while making your life easier.
Important Considerations If You Go Wireless
Most importantly, wireless home security systems must have a stable connection to the internet to function correctly. If you have reliable high-speed internet and a decent Wi-Fi router, you’re a good candidate for a wireless installation.
If you’re concerned about power or internet outages, explore security systems that have cellular and battery backups in place to maintain the connection to your monitoring professionals at all times.
In the event you make your home in a rural setting without reliable access to internet or cellular services, a wired installation will probably be a wiser option. Or It could also make more sense financially to opt for a wired installation if you relocate to a house that has security wiring already in place.
Advantages Of Wireless Home Security Systems
Both conventional wired and wireless home security systems in San Antonio will boost the safety of your property, which is the main objective in the first place. However, if you welcome the possibility of having the most current tech, check out the advantages of wireless:
- Access from anywhere: Get access to all the devices in your residence from your lighting to your security cameras from your smartphone using the ADT Control app. You have the ability to see who’s at the front door, turn on your connected lights, and even activate your alarm system on the rare chance you didn’t remember to do so. When an intrusion or emergency comes up, you may have updates delivered right to your smartphone.
- Easy to install and customize: Forget about the countless wires, damage to drywall, and lengthy system setups. One of the best aspects of wireless components is that you may install them just about wherever you want and in less time. If you would like to customize later with new equipment, integrating elements into your network is simple.
- Communications between devices: Wireless capability makes interactions between devices a reality with fast, bi-directional communications. You can set your devices to take action in specified situations to enhance your security and deter home invasions. For instance, if your exterior camera discovers odd movement around your home, it is able to instantly prompt your inside lights to illuminate.
Drawbacks Of Wireless Home Security Systems In San Antonio
Despite the fact that wireless home security systems in San Antonio have shown to be dependable, it’s only natural if you have a few reservations about utilizing one. The following are a few of the most prevalent areas of concern:
- Battery-powered wireless devices could fail when the battery dies. Although this could happen, your smart devices will notify you whenever batteries are low and need to be replaced.
- Sensors usually should be placed within a set distance from your central command hub. ADT offers range extenders for some packages to enhance your adaptability.
- Comparable to other computer networks, the risk of being hacked exists. You can take action to greatly reduce the risk by creating hard-to-crack passwords, always changing default settings, and selecting a router with an integrated firewall. In addition, you should only use security devices with encryption of 128-bit or higher.
Thinking About Going Wireless? Contact Your Security Specialists
Would you like to take advantage of San Antonio wireless home security? Call (210) 794-6382 to consult with the security professionals at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our staff will help you design the right package for your property.