What do you want in a baby monitor in San Antonio?
In previous generations of parenting, a baby monitor was quite basic. You install a a device with a built-in microphone in close contact to the crib, which transmits an audio feed to a receiver that looks like a walkie talkie. Thankfully, baby monitors now provide additional benefits. For instance, today’s monitors now offer high-definition video feeds and 2-way communication. You can even connect your monitors to Wi-Fi so you may roam all over the house. The latest baby monitors in San Antonio are so elaborate that they are similar to interior surveillance systems in both functionality and price.
Would you swap out a baby monitor with a home security camera?
Since baby monitors and surveillance systems have many of the same features, there are many people in San Antonio connecting their child’s bedroom to their comprehensive home security package. So it makes sense -- especially when using to a Vivint smart home -- as your baby monitor now has:
● Clear video with night vision: Your monitoring device should include 1080p high-definition imaging, and infrared functionality for reliable low-light performance.
● Two-direction audio: Now you don’t need to go inside the bedroom to soothe your baby back to a restful state. Your reassuring words could be the only thing needed to keep them asleep.
● Sensors and alerts: While you can have your monitoring device stay on constantly to keep a close eye on your child, your attention may diminish over time. Conversely, if your camera identifies unusual activity, you can configure it to deliver a notification to your smartphone. You will appreciate this if your child quietly scrambles out of the crib or when your family dog noses into the space.
● Video recordings: The majority of baby monitors do not capture the video. Today’s modern devices allow you to deliver a short segment to grandparents to allow them a glimpse of what a special, sleepy child you have.
● Watch on your mobile device: In lieu of carrying a separate device with you, you can view your child from your home security app. You can even say hello to your tot and babysitter when you go for a date night.