The latest smart security options have become increasingly more intelligent. With that being said, you may still fail to perform basic security tasks like activating your a home security system, shutting the garage door, or locking all your doors.
Would you like it if you didn’t have to remember doing these tasks in the future? With geofencing in San Antonio, you can just drive off to work and let your security system secure your home for you.
What is Geofencing In San Antonio For your Security System?
Geofencing generates a virtual boundary a set distance from your residence, which you are able to arrange in your smart security app. This modern home security option then uses your mobile device to determine when you go beyond the border and then triggers the tasks you have programmed.
What Makes Geofencing Work?
Geofencing relies on z-wave, a wireless communications standard that smart implements take advantage of to interact with other connected equipment. This technological advancement assists your home security by centralizing all devices onto a single network. You can then set up a unique boundary around your property and designate what actions you want to take place as you move beyond the specified border.
For example, shortly after you leave your driveway, you may instruct your security system to engage door locks, shut the garage door, and turn on your alarm. Conversely, when you return to your house, geofencing could be set to inform your system to disarm alarms, open the garage, activate lighting, and even change your your temperature settings.
These are some of the technologies you may command with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Surveillance and alarms
● Various electronics such as speakers or TVs
● Overhead doors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are Available In Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways you can utilize your property’s security system in San Antonio. When accessing the ADT Control app, you are able to reap the benefits of automation. In a few easy touches of the app interface, and you have the opportunity to:
● Program schedules: arrange your smart devices to activate at a specific time. Instruct your lighting to lower to indicate that it's time to turn in for the night, or disengage your security alarms when you get up.
● Manage how devices interact: Make particular equipment activate when another element is triggered. Have your thermostat turn on the fan if the fire alarm is set off. Or switch on your hall’s smart light if your doorbell camera senses strange movements in the yard.
● Preprogram scenes: Create room and event scenes with various smart components that all act in unison. Make your lights turn off, the temperature go down, and the smart door locks engage when the day is done. Or customize a scene for TV night with specific lighting and HVAC levels.
● Protect your home with geofencing: It's easy to forget to enable your alarm when you're running late for work. With geofencing technology and your mobile device, you'll never forget to arm the system and lower the garage door.
Get Started with Geofencing in San Antonio
Whether you seek extra certainty of a completely secure residence whenever you go to work or you would like to explore your home automation options, geofencing can help. Speak with a skilled member of our team today at (210) 794-6382 or complete the form on this page to start designing your optimal security system.