How to Get the Most From A Security Cameras In San Antonio
Home security cameras can simply be used as a hindrance—a sign that tells criminals or intruders that “we see you.” Or you can leverage your home security cameras to strengthen your home’s defenses.
Thankfully, modern security cameras are armed with a number of features all designed to deliver all-encompassing protection for your family. Whether it’s 2-way audio and recording options or infrared dark vision and fast action motion detectors, these additions help you to have the most from security cameras in San Antonio.
How To Set Up Your San Antonio Security Cameras For Maximum Protection
Mounting your security cameras on the optimal spots around your home is the best place to start with home security.. Indoor security cameras work best when placed in high traffic spots such as the kitchen or den. It’s also a good move to install a camera looking at main hallways, stairs, or other transitional areas criminals would have to pass to reach the rest of your house. Outdoor security cameras ideally afford a clear view of your porch, driveway, front and yards, garage, and other exterior isolated buildings, like sheds. And you can easily see a view of your main entryway through a sleek doorbell camera.
There are areas inside your house that aren’t quite as important to monitor like bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements without a good entryway to the outside. Secrecy for you and your guests needs to be a major consideration before placing a camera in a bedroom.. Feel free to add window or motion detectors if you need a measure of device in bedrooms.
Features That Elevate Video Surveillance
Device placement is only the foundation for extracting the utmost from home security cameras in San Antonio. The innovations described below help to maximize security and increase overall home security.
- Motion detection: Receive automatic alerts on your phone anytime abnormal movement is sensed. You can also configure cameras to begin filming when activity is discovered which helps add to camera recording time.
- Storage and recording: Program your video surveillance to capture footage and save clips to the cloud for easy playback anytime.
- Two-way talk: Nearly all of today’s security cameras feature a built-in intercom and speaker so you can actually converse with anyone with the device. With ADT Control, you can make it seem you’re inside the building or talk to your kids as they come home from school.
- Wide field of vision: Field of view, or how wide camera the lens can see, provides a more exhaustive view of an area. Opt for cameras that provide at least 120° wide angle lens or that have the ability to pan in a wide arc for complete visibility.
- Dark vision: Double check that your video surveillance come with either infrared or LED sensors that will produce footage of pitch black activity.
- Activity zones: To make security updates more specific, create activity zones. For example, you can tell your outdoor camera to inform you of activity happening on your yard or your driveway and disregard traffic passing or the sidewalk.
- Mobile app: mobile app, like ADT Control®, enable you to watch live camera feeds, move cameras, arm or disarm the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app will send timely texts when the sense unusual motion around your house.
Optimize Your Home Security Cameras Today
Pulling the most out of your video surveillance in San Antonio is easier. From lightning quick motion detection to 2-way talk, your home security is elevated from just a deterrent to a powerful defense. Call (210) 794-6382 or fill out the form below to start building your home security and camera system today.