Pros And Cons Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In San Antonio
You realize you need to safeguard your home. Above all else, it offers shelter for your spouse and children and is where you store your valuables. But what type of home defense is best? Whether or not to get round-the-clock monitoring is one of the chief decisions you need to make. Learn more about the pros and cons of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in San Antonio and see what’s ideal for you.
Core Considerations Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you select 24/7 monitoring, your home’s protection connects to an external monitoring team that is set to offer assistance at any moment. Whenever a door sensor activates or a smoke detector begins beeping, your monitoring agents get a notification instantly. They quickly take action to validate the alarm and send the applicable first responders.
On the other hand, an unmonitored security system doesn’t come with a backup team. You can consider this choice as self-monitored, which means that if your alarm goes off, you have to respond to get it resolved. This option is the cheaper route, but it also puts all the responsibility on you.
Benefits And Downsides Of A Monitored Security System In San Antonio
Here’s a brief overview of the advantages and drawbacks of a monitored security system.
Benefits Of Monitored Systems
- Heightened security: Having 24-hour support on your side is always wise. If you are away from home, sleeping, or without your smartphone, your residence and its occupants will still be protected.
- Quicker response times: Monitoring agents are always prepared. They’ll respond quicker to incidents than you can on your own.
- Insurance reductions: Monitored home security may entitle you to a reduction of your home insurance premium.
- Superior tools and smooth integration: When you receive hardware, installation, and monitoring from a respected home security expert, you will get access to a fully connected system with components that may be of a higher quality than what you will find yourself.
Downsides Of A Monitored System
- Expense: You will have a monthly charge for monitoring.
- Usually required to get a professional install: Numerous people would rather have the job completed by experienced professionals, but some might want to do it by themselves.
- Required to sign a contract: You will generally be required to sign a contract as part of your package. This stipulation is likely to be acceptable for most as home security is something you will want for the long haul.
Pros And Cons Of An Unmonitored Security System In San Antonio
Here’s a quick breakdown of the advantages and drawbacks of an unmonitored security system.
Benefits Of An Unmonitored System
- Cost: You won’t have a monitoring charge.
- Install on your own: Do-it-yourselfers could deem this to be an advantage as they can do the installation themselves and not have an installation expense. Others might want to go with a professional.
- Greater Flexibility: You can incorporate components when you desire - and from different manufacturers. With that being said, you could find incorporating into a seamless system a challenge.
- You’re always in charge: You won’t have anyone else monitoring your home’s defense. If a disaster unfolds, it’s up to you to get support.
Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored System
- No backup: What happens when you don’t have your phone and don’t get a security warning? This scenario will generate more stress and lower your peace of mind.
- Demands your full attention: Due to the fact you are the sole person in charge, you must never stray too far from your home security app.
- Integrating the system is up to you: If you want help during an install, you might have to hire a separate contractor. The installation process is also likely to take much longer.
Stay Protected With a Monitored Home Security System In San Antonio
Get the 24/7 support you deserve with a monitored home security system in San Antonio from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We think you’ll agree that a fully integrated, monitored home defense system is the right choice for you. Contact (210) 794-6382 today to get started.